Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished these 5 Apple Pocket shooters up this week along with an almost black Cocobolo pocket shooter and a Trex composite pocket shooter. The 5 apples are on top. The Cocobolo, which was a real banged up piece of wood, was finished with 3 coats of industrial floor wax. I soaked the first coat for 15 minutes and the just added 2 more coats when dried. Apple is a nice wood to work. Like a Maple-Poplar type texture to it.The 4 Apple Shooters on top are a new pattern too. Flatband

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Great looking set there, what is Trex composite???

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Harp,
"Trex" is a mixture of wood,plastic,and probably anything else they have that was thrown in the mixer. It's ground up,heated,pressed and adhesive is added and then you have this green granite looking stuff. They use it for park benches in the city and for the last 10-15 years they also use it for decks. Very durable and weather resistant. I have a bunch of it so I found a use for it! Flatband

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I like the new pattern. Looks like it would work really well with a paracord wrapped handle!

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now there's a good idea-PARACORD! Good one Smitty. I'll have to get some and try it out. The Apple ones are a new pattern Baumstamm. Little pocket fillers! Flatband

·
Registered
803 Posts
By golly- your'e gittin the hang of makin slingshots down pat= fine looking stuff = 5 stars******= aww
go for 6

·
Super Moderator
6,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys,
yeah Saxon their all up for grabs,I just didn't put them on the classifieds yet. That "Trex" is a bit heavy though to be honest. Give me a ring at my email Bud- [email protected] Thanks! Flatband

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
All your slingshots are awsome, but I sure like those applewood ones. I love to carve spoons from applewood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.