Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
If I were you I would put some new ones on, otherwise you might draw them back and have them snap and end up punching yourself in the face like I did last night

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were you I would put some new ones on, otherwise you might draw them back and have them snap and end up punching yourself in the face like I did last night

Thanks for the advice, only two days ago was my brace secured incorrectly and I tore a hole in my face and needed stitches!

·
Registered
194 Posts

Thanks for the advice, only two days ago was my brace secured incorrectly and I tore a hole in my face and needed stitches!
Ouch nasty, I hope you're okay mate!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Ouch nasty, I hope you're okay mate!

I am all good thanks, small gash, thankful I still have my two eyes!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could give these smart clips from pocket predator a go. It allows you to use flat bands like latex or theraband gold, they'd be much better for shooting 9mm steel, they'll shoot faster and much easier to draw
82485daa2e6feb3253294f01e6a9103f.jpg

Thanks I might give them a try, I said I'll upgrade once I go through the bands on my current one so now is the time.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The tubes on the Barnetts are the worst. Way too much power for 9mm and really hard pull. I use the small latex tubing from Simple Shot on my Strike 9 and Daisy F-16. Much easier to pull.

As mentioned you can install flat bands. They will have a light draw weight but won't last as long as tubes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tubes on the Barnetts are the worst. Way too much power for 9mm and really hard pull. I use the small latex tubing from Simple Shot on my Strike 9 and Daisy F-16. Much easier to pull.

As mentioned you can install flat bands. They will have a light draw weight but won't last as long as tubes.
Have you hunted with this simpe shot tubing? If so how did it perform?

·
Registered
5,724 Posts

:yeahthat: The tubes on Big Box frames are the main source of discouraging new shooters. :twocents:

·
Registered
961 Posts
If the tubes are long enough you can cut at the tear and reattach them. Barnett tubes really aren't the best. They changed them noticeably 5 or 7 or 8 years ago. Made them less stretchy and a harder pull. Feel horrible once you've become accustomed to either flats or good quality tubes. I started with them and they serve a purpose but I'd recommend treating yourself to some upgraded rubber.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I shoot several wire-framed slingshots, Trumarks, Barnetts, Marksman. They all share a common element - bad tubes and pouches. The first thing I do is cut off the factory installed tubes and install either flatlands or small tubes and a good pouch. My current favorite bandset for 9mm ammo is pseudo tapered 1842s and a Warrior pouch. Lots of information here on how to install flatlands and tubes on a wore-framed slingshot.

·
Neophyte
2,122 Posts
Here is what I do with mine when they look like that :)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts