Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wondering alot how much one thinks the hand gets out of the way when flipping and how much it acctually does. Ive tried to watch videos on you tube of slow motion shooting to see, but i havent found anything that can show me how much the hand get out of the way with propper shooting.

Example:

Shoot a band set giving say 300ft/s with a 3 ft draw, the bullet, for a better word, will pass the fork in 0.01s.

How much can you move the hand that time? For me it sound like a crap argument for shooting flipstyle, no offence ment to anyone. Any insight are welcome before i stop thinking about this to make my shooting more secure:

Gesture Finger Creative arts Thumb Nail

/Uba

Ive been wondering alot how much one thinks the hand gets out of the way when flipping and how much it acctually does get out of the way. Ive tried to watch videos on you tube of slow motion shooting to see but i havent found anything that can show me how much the hand get out of the way with propper shooting.

Reason for this is that with a band set giving say 300ft/s with a 3 ft draw, the bullet for a better word is at the fork in 0.01s how much can you move the hand that time? for me it sound like a crap argument for shooting flipstyle, no offence ment to anyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
[quote name="wombat" post="1349208" timestamp="1570830914"]

You don't flip to get your hand out of the way, you flip to get more power![/quote

i don't flip at all, but it's my understanding that the flip is to reduce any handslap that you might get if your bands are a bit strong. ( Shows what I know!)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
@Winnie speaks the truth (as usual lol). For me flipping has always been a matter of preference in shooting style, however I know some shooters use the Flip to clear the frame when shooting a PFS for example. I never Flip personally, and I shoot full butterfly PFS. I twist the pouch and let the magic happen. ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
For me the flip is more of a follow through after the release. Kind of a natural movement.

I twist and tweak to clear the fork.

If I forcibly flip for power that usually seems to bring the shot closer to my hand...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For me the flip is more of a follow through after the release. Kind of a natural movement.

I twist and tweak to clear the fork.

If I forcibly flip for power that usually seems to bring the shot closer to my hand...
Just so, thats what happend to mee thus the mark on my hand. But i guess my flipping is done the wrong way... :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts