Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bad boy decided it was a good idea to put holes all over the yard... he was mistaken.

Slingshot used is my TubeMaster Sniper/ Scorpion Hybrid sporting a NightStalker attachment. 2040 tubes shooting .50 lead penetrated the armored creature like a hot knife through butter. I've tested this setup in the past and it shoots a .41 cal lead ball at over 260 fps and a .50 cal at around 220 fps.... a light but lengthy draw makes for a comfortable, accurate and deadly combo.

x161.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,982 Posts
Well, .50 lead is about 170 grains, or a bit more. At 220 fps, that is yielding in excess of 18 foot pounds of energy. No wonder that smoked him!

That is a very nice rig, Bill.

Cheers ....... Charles

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very nice shooting master Bill

·
WHO???
4,122 Posts
there are alot of people that eat armadillos all over the south ,i have tried it before the meat is ok i thought it was real gamey tasting ,but they say it is all in the preparation.that was a helluva shot bill

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, thanks Guys!

I've eaten an armadillo in the past... it's kind of like a combination between chicken and pork... and it was fairly easy to prepare.

BUT after I did all that I found out that some armadillos carry a form of leprosy... so I usually just leave them alone to do their own thing.

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,164 Posts
so much for its armor of protection. on the silly side- id be tempted to let it roll up into a ball, then put in the pouch of a water balloon slingshot and send it off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.