Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a game that I've been meaning to start ever since I joined and saw the grand practice of slingshot trading taking place.

Around the World in 80 Slingshots

Yes, folks. We're going to race to collect slingshots from as many different continents and countries as possible!

It's not going to just be a one off race to a fixed goal, rather a series of goals that will be of varying difficulty and more or less an on-going challenge. Each goal will be awarded points and we can keep track of them in signatures or maybe with little badges. Around the World in 80 is probably quite hard to achieve, so it could take a while!

Goal 1 - 1 point per country from which you have a slingshot
Goal 2 - 4 bonus points when you get 1 each from all of the four hemispheres - North, South, East and West.
Goal 3 - 6 bonus points when you get 1 each from any 6 continents - Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Oceania, Antarctica
Goal 4 - 5 bonus points when you get 5 slingshots from 5 different countries within any continent
Goal 5 - 80 bonus points for going around the World in 80 slingshots

To qualify for the goals, each slingshot frame must have *any two* of the following three attributes.
M = Made in that country
L = made largely of Local materials of that country
P = procured from a Person who was physically in that country
In other words, if you get a Dankung from me, it gets M and L for China (qualifies for China), but only P for New Zealand (doesn't qualify for NZ).

~ Slingshots may be acquired by trade, purchase or gift.
~ You must currently own each slingshot or had owned it for more than a year before you got rid of it.
~ Sovereign states, principalities, territories and dependencies can be included as long as they are here: Wikipedia List of Countries
~ Countries that are on more than one continent (like Turkey) can be considered one or the other, but not both.

How to play:

Easy! Just post a list of your qualifying slingshots, preferably along with a picture, maybe a flag icon or something indicating the country it represents and any info about the maker, materials or how you got it. Whenever you get a new one, post your updated list and claim your points. I will make up some mini-badges to put in your signature as various goals are reached. Below is my current list as an example to follow.

Prizes:

I'll send one of my naturals to the first person to claim 40 points!! :headbang:

If anyone else wants to offer a giveaway to the first to get five from your continent or some other goal, go right ahead! :D

Get trading!!

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's my list to begin with. Take note of the info and layout for your own list:

1. Cayman Islands - Tabebuia natural. A prize from Dr J
M L P - Northern Hemisphere - North America

sml_gallery_7383_1185_206184.jpg

2. Sri Lanka - Jackwood and Teak. A gift from E~Shot.
M L P - Eastern Hemisphere - Asia

sml_gallery_7383_1185_631670.jpg

3. England - HDPE Blue Camo. July Santa trade from Lexlow
M L P - Europe

sml_gallery_7383_1185_529563.jpg

4. USA - Match Lighter Special. Prize from Bill Hays
M L P - Western Hemisphere - North America (picture to come)

5. Canada - Troy's One. A prize from Trobbie66
M L P (picture to come)

So I can claim 5 points for the 5 countries I have represented. I need a Southern Hemisphere shooter to claim Goal 2 bonus points.

·
Ninja Pirate 007 Sasquatch
2,742 Posts
Nice game. Works out great for me as not too many people trade from Paris, France. My points are weak right now but I am working on it! Come get your europe and France points here! Trades rule!

-SF

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Man, I think I got Portugal covered! ;) Fun game and right up my alley! I'll get back to this a bit later. :thumbsup:
i thought your house doubled as the u.s. embassy for portugal ?

·
The Ghost Who Walks
1,134 Posts
Awesome idea, ash. I have a feeling if I pursue this I'm going to end up on the NSA watchlist because of all the packages coming in from around the world.

·
The Ghost Who Walks
1,134 Posts
Awesome idea, ash. I have a feeling if I pursue this I'm going to end up on the NSA watchlist because of all the packages coming in from around the world.
attachicon.gif
download (13).jpg

Relax Jax. You'll be ok. lol
That guy is obviously crazy. If the hat isn't pointed it doesn't even stop 10% of the orbital mind beams. And why does he have one on his cat? Everybody knows they control cats through subliminal messages on TV. What a loon.

On a serious note, though, ask Hrawk about the time customs (I think it was customs) ransacked his place because of all the shipments he was receiving from out of the country. Of course, that's Australia. A land of savages and miscreants. Gotta stay ahead of the hooligans somehow.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Aluminum helmets are awesome.I always wear one when plinking.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
BRUTAL idea!!!!!!! Way to go!!!

...(I think I have Florida covered ....shhhh!!! Don't tell anyone)

Seriously, great idea!! This goes in the same direction that many of us are heading: slingshot collection!!

Cheers ...Q

·
679 Post Club
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got another one to add to the collection now - SCOTLAND. I suppose that could be classified as another from Great Britain, but I think I'll run with the FIFA precedent and let the home nations stand apart. They have their own parliament, after all. Pics soon.

·
Resigned
807 Posts
Well guys... i will never go far in this.... i dont like to keep slingshots lying around... i have one for me that i use all the time...one for my lad... and usually one other...thats been gifted or traded... that i will keep for a while...shoot...then pass on...

Just me i suppose...

I do however..have this for trade... will swap for a natural catapult... or some theraband gold... or some tubing ;) ...

Then you can add SCOTLAND to your collection ;)

20131107_201350_zps8c5abd9a.jpg

20131107_201408_zpsc9f1c293.jpg

20131110_171246_zps72d4cb88.jpg

20131110_171239_zps910e0725.jpg

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Alright Ash, took a second to get a few up here. Cool game. We could pair this with my Bingo Game!!! lol I can see a whole new level of competition here :)

Looks like 8 points so far. :king: Rustled up as many different countries as I could find. Have quite a few doubles and triples from a few places but only used one from each.

I also only need one more to get 5 different makers from different countries in Europe. I also need a south american sling to complete my hemispheres. Also need an African sling. Peace.

1. Quercusuber - Portugal

Vertebrate Wood Mammal Yellow Font

2. BullseyeBen - Australia

Wood Fender Tints and shades Musical instrument Liver

3. Ruthiexxx - Spain

Hand Arm Vertebrate Human body Wood

4. DrJ - Grand Cayman Islands

Wood Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Font

5. Flicks - Germany

Wood Musical instrument Tobacco pipe Material property Tints and shades

6. BCSlinger - Canada

Wood Sculpture Art Tints and shades Automotive tire

7. Reecemurg - UK

Bicycle handlebar Wood Audio equipment Sports equipment Jewellery

8. Danny - New Zealand

Wood Art Font Wing Feather

Attachments

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Alright Ash, took a second to get a few up here. Cool game. We could pair this with my Bingo Game!!! lol I can see a whole new level of competition here :)

Looks like 8 points so far. :king: Rustled up as many different countries as I could find. Have quite a few doubles and triples from a few places but only used one from each.

I also only need one more to get 5 different makers from different countries in Europe. I also need a south american sling to complete my hemispheres. Also need an African sling. Peace.

1. Quercusuber - Portugal

attachicon.gif
IMG_6196.jpg

2. BullseyeBen - Australia

attachicon.gif
IMG_6858.jpg

3. Ruthiexxx - Spain

attachicon.gif
IMG_6874.jpg

4. DrJ - Grand Cayman Islands

attachicon.gif
IMG_7705.jpg