Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a slingshot from Sharker, and the package got in today! Cause for celebration right? Wrong. In transit someone opened the package, and removed mu beautiful slingshot! There is no emoji that could express how horrible I feel. Here's a pic of the slingshot that Sharker took, and a pick of the empty package at the post office, with the postmistress in the background. Wood Natural material Font String instrument accessory Hardwood

Glasses Smile Hand Vision care Table

By no means think I am blaming Sharker, he is a stand up guy. I however am blaming either the Estonian postal service, or the US postal service.

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Man that blows I got busted into 6 years ago and of the stuff taken that can not be replaced was a camera the can be replaced but the memory cards r a different story lost a bunch of memories of family growing up and top it of my Bradley kumira spear point there not even made anymore ! Thieves suck sorry to hear about this Norseman

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I'm thinking she stole it....by the looks of that smile, that should be on your face! :cursin:
I thought I was paranoid lol I took one look and was like "GIVE. BACK. THE. SLINGSHOT." lool

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
625 Posts
What i think of thieves cant be expressed here. But Norseman did you contact Sharker about it? The package may have been insured.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
This is the single most disturbing and... messed up thing that I have heard or seen in a long while.

I seldom hope for bad things to happen to people... I still do not... as my hope (slim odds) is that the thief is caught.

Just low down and dirty.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
This is the single most disturbing and... messed up thing that I have heard or seen in a long while.

I seldom hope for bad things to happen to people... I still do not... as my hope (slim odds) is that the thief is caught.

Just low down and dirty.
Lets just hope they get greedy with a pack from someones crazy ex girlfriend. Get a face full of something nasty - pepper powder maybe. A boy can dream lol.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
I had ordered a slingshot from Sharker, and the package got in today! Cause for celebration right? Wrong. In transit someone opened the package, and removed mu beautiful slingshot! There is no emoji that could express how horrible I feel. Here's a pic of the slingshot that Sharker took, and a pick of the empty package at the post office, with the postmistress in the background.
attachicon.gif
14968F4E-E263-4E2A-BEF2-611E57180A7E.png
attachicon.gif
00DD95FF-F4B6-4354-99D9-F5C9248B2814.jpeg
By no means think I am blaming Sharker, he is a stand up guy. I however am blaming either the Estonian postal service, or the US postal service.
I know your hurt. While I was in military basic training, I went to the base post office to mail my wedding ring to wife for safekeeping. The postal guy at the office asked me what was in the package - and neither my wife nor I ever saw that ring again.

I should have told him that it was a collection of snail whiskers, but at that time I wasn't that untrusting. Or knowledgeable about snails.

Don'cha worry, one of my brothers will fix you up - that's what we do on this forum, we are givers, not takers. But don't go near my Dunkin Donuts jelly donut or Mr. Mora will pay a visit.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts

Just low down and dirty.
Lets just hope they get greedy with a pack from someones crazy ex girlfriend. Get a face full of something nasty - pepper powder maybe. A boy can dream lol.

At the time that I maintained a private investigator's license, part of my "gear" was a bottle of thief detection powder. Let's say that someone was raiding your "piggy bank" (BTW, look that up - it's origins are interesting, though not financially viable). You would gently sprinkle this very difficult to see powder (like magician's "invisible thread" - don't ask me how I know) on the piggy bank. The culprit will unknowingly transfer the powder to her hands, and after she washes her hands, her hands will be stained red for several days. Hence the term "caught her red-handed".

"He can run, but he can't hide"! Tommy Conn, boxer, referring to boxer Joe Louis - if I remember it correctly.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts