Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised when i first started practising i would come back and tell you all how i progress. i shoot with 6mm steel for practising way to small i know but it was £7.00 for a 1000. I practice by shooting a can from around 15ft away i use the diablo pro 2 for this with none of the weights or the sight on it. I can now hit the target pretty much every shot how is this for someone that has only been propaly shooting for about a month?
Thanks,
Powelly.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
As promised when i first started practising i would come back and tell you all how i progress. i shoot with 6mm steel for practising way to small i know but it was £7.00 for a 1000. I practice by shooting a can from around 15ft away i use the diablo pro 2 for this with none of the weights or the sight on it. I can now hit the target pretty much every shot how is this for someone that has only been propaly shooting for about a month?
Thanks,
Powelly.
That's great, especially for a Barnett slingshot, you practically have to be built like Joerg just to pull the **** things!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Theyre not to hard for me http://api.ning.com/...odybuilder1.jpg
In all seriousness the yellow bands you can pull to just past your cheek with a small strain
Lol, you just made me spit my tea all over my keyboard!

[/quote]

hehe...
i have this slingshot for about two month and i have this slingshot for about two months, but I believe that you are way more talented than I am,
good job, upload vids!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha. And thanks im off to portugal tommorow so ill try and get some vids up when i come back

·
Super Moderator
6,508 Posts
Hey Powelly,
that is some fine shooting with a horrible set of tubes and a way oversized pouch ( much too stiff too). You'll do even better with a softer ,smaller pouch and a tapered or smaller diameter tube (or even flats). Of course if you're doing that well and you're comfortable with your set-up,don't change it! I just mentioned it because I had experienced the Barnett sets and wasn't too thrilled with them. Good job Bud! Flatband

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah ive noticed that there isnt to much power with the barnett not always penertrating the can even when ive draw back to my cheek, however this maybe due to the mact that the ammo is so small and light im hoping when ive got the funds to do so buying a ergo 2 off Fish or a type of Dankung off Danny does anyone have any experiance with these?

·
Registered
56 Posts
For a lot of us in slingshot land those tubes are the only shource of power bands for our slingshots. It takes awhile to move toward flatbands. You can't run down to the big box stores and purchase a set of flatebands that come ready to go out of the box. I buy exercise bands and cut them with a ruler and pocket knife just to try them out. I like flatands just fine, but it becomes a hassel to find suitable pouches and bands when you have very little money to spend on the project. Three dollars for a set of tubes and I can shoot for awhile without worry over the bands breaking. When the tubes do break I have puches to cut for my flat bands.

·
Registered
164 Posts
well i use trumark rr2 heavy pull on my barnett and i feel that it is a little bit to hard for me (im 15),
i suggest you try it or the medium pull level,
got it from richardsupply on ebay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts