Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posted this little combo-plinker along with a natural, but it wasn't finished. Well, I couldn't sleep last night so I went downstairs and finished it. As you can see it is designed to handle Flat-Bands OTT as well as Chinese tubes.
I really hate applying varnish to dry wood, so I used Minwax stain/sealer first. Then, because I wanted to finish it up, I applied about 5 coats of a clear acrylic spray I have. It is a really tough finish.
Tubed it up this morning and shot with it a while. Shoots very good. Lots of fun, and will fit nicely into a pocket for my walks.

I like it a lot, hope you will too.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Great looking shooter DH, very organic looking boardcut....where do you get your tubes and what size? if I may ask

·
Registered
847 Posts
Woot! The small tubes and that attachment method are becoming favorites of mine. I'm in the process of drilling out most of my flatband shooters to function this way. Only diff is I shoot through with this style rather than OTT.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Wow Dayhiker, that is a very sweet slingshot ! Looks like a great one for taking on a walk too. Should be proud of that one man.

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woot! The small tubes and that attachment method are becoming favorites of mine. I'm in the process of drilling out most of my flatband shooters to function this way. Only diff is I shoot through with this style rather than OTT.
I do too, pelleteer. OTT is only for flats with these.

P.S. I wouldn't go crazy with the conversions. I'm still not convinced on the accuracy of this tube setup.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
How come OTT is not an option like this? I shoot mine over the top. Have you guys found it less accurate or something? I have shot this way some, but not enough to make any judgments on it. Seems like it does pretty well though for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
How come OTT is not an option like this? I shoot mine over the top. Have you guys found it less accurate or something? I have shot this way some, but not enough to make any judgments on it. Seems like it does pretty well though for me.
Thanks, I needed that tip!
Paul in Oregon

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I just like shooting through the fork......it would be easy enough to shoot over the top...

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Smitty It depends on the slingshot -- on this one the tubes keep slipping off to the side.

·
11,147 Posts
I have rigged two slingshots in this fashion. I am convinced that it's not good for accuracy. I changed this one to putting a peg thru the tubes on the target side to attach them. After some seriously erratic shooting beforehand, it shot much better. The problem is that while you are shooting, the tubes keep readjusting themselves, throwing the shot off-target all the time. You can see it by the tube-length getting unequal on the same side of the fork, no matter how many times you readjust. Both slingshots gave me that problem. Peg attachment cured that.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
DH the only time I've had that problem is when I grabbed the wrong drill bit and made a hole slightly larger than usual. I don't shoot OTT so I cant compair but I find it just as accurate as matchstick or double slotted slingshots....

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
LOVE IT!

·
11,147 Posts
DH the only time I've had that problem is when I grabbed the wrong drill bit and made a hole slightly larger than usual. I don't shoot OTT so I cant compair but I find it just as accurate as matchstick or double slotted slingshots....
Harper, I know you have a lot of experience with this method, so I guess that must be my problem. Is there a way to determine what size hole to drill?
Thanks.

And thank you, too, Sam!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.