Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have added Reddot sights, and also I demonstrate that the design is safe, no danger to be hit by the returning fork.

The mounting rail is made from a piece of wooden board, with a cutoff part of an old metal saw blade as the rail. Works like a charm.

Enjoy!

Jörg

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Have added Reddot sights, and also I demonstrate that the design is safe, no danger to be hit by the returning fork.

The mounting rail is made from a piece of wooden board, with a cutoff part of an old metal saw blade as the rail. Works like a charm.

Enjoy!

Jörg
That is awesome! What sort of groupings can you achieve at 15m?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Depends on the number of beers I had. My best groups are between no. 3 and no. 6. :)

Seriously, this thing is about as accurate as an air rifle. You can hit a can every time at 15 meters. If you have a "barrel rest", then you can hit a coin at that distance.

You have to make sure the pouch sits consistently at the same spot, but that is not hard, I just let it rest on the surface of the lock arms.

Jörg

·
1,414 Posts
Depends on the number of beers I had. My best groups are between no. 3 and no. 6. :)

Seriously, this thing is about as accurate as an air rifle. You can hit a can every time at 15 meters. If you have a "barrel rest", then you can hit a coin at that distance.

You have to make sure the pouch sits consistently at the same spot, but that is not hard, I just let it rest on the surface of the lock arms.

Jörg
[/quote]
Awesome, do you think it would be suitable for hunting?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Depends on what you wanna hunt. "Big game" means 20 lbs deer to Dave Canterbury. I, on the other hand, would consider an adult cape buffalo to be in that category.

Seriously, rabbits and birds are certainly no problem. The X-Bow shoots as hard as a slingshot with the same bands, it is just a lot easier to hit with it.

Jörg

·
1,414 Posts
Depends on what you wanna hunt. "Big game" means 20 lbs deer to Dave Canterbury. I, on the other hand, would consider an adult cape buffalo to be in that category.

Seriously, rabbits and birds are certainly no problem. The X-Bow shoots as hard as a slingshot with the same bands, it is just a lot easier to hit with it.

Jörg
[/quote]
Awesome, I think I shall have to try making my own!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.