Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first time on this website. I know it is a slingshot forum, but I’m guessing some of you use atlatls as well. I have made several different atlatls and darts and I have the same problem every time. When I throw the back of the dart hits the ground instead of the front. This happens 95% of the times I throw. I cannot find anything online. Please help

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Shafts are too stiff, is the usual answer. Please post a picture of your kit and how much flex is in the spine of the dart.

Also, near the bottom of the forum page is an "Other Weapons header". Atlatls are in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you post photos? I have made a couple different darts but if they were too stiff that would probably be the problem. Most of the are made from thick bamboo without much flexibility

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
You need to have your pictures stored. My wife helped make a file because I make Fred Flintstone look like George Jetson. At the bottom where it reads Post is more options and at the bottom of that, choose file and it will open to where your Pics are. Open what you want, attach this file, add to post / delete. When you add to post it will go in where ever the cursor is.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts