Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those without fancy tools or pliers, this method can be used to cheaply and effectively attach tubes to a pouch with 1745 tubing.

The first step is to gather the materials. To begin with, you will need your tubing, a pouch, a short length of 1745 tubing (approx 4mm) and a ballpoint pen. Roll the 1745 tubing piece onto the pen via the tapered tip. Roll it along the pen cartridge until it is close to the other end. Open the end of the pen opposite the tip (in this case by removing the screw cap) and remove the ink tube. Insert the tubing into the end of the pen and roll the 1745 piece off the pen and onto the tubing.

Step 2 is to push the tubing through the hole in the pouch and fold it over onto itself. Use the fork to push the tubing through the hole if it is a tight fit.

Step 3 is to use the fork to stretch out the piece of 1745 to pass the tubing back through after being fed through the hole in the pouch. Once through, remove the fork so that the piece of 1745 is over both bits of tubing. Tidy up the attachment by pulling on the ends of the tubing to ensure everything is the same length.

Step 4 - Repeat as necessary

Hope this is helpful to those who use or are considering tubing.

Cheers, Jay

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Nifty! Love the idea, don't me self use a lot of tube but seems an effective method.. but just noticed the pouch hole proximity to the edgde of the pouch, and theres barely any bloody thing there! Im not being a worry wiry, but especially with tubes id move the holes inward so there's at least 8mm from the holes edge to pouch edge.. just my own close call experience taught me that a while ago, depends on the leather to.. ok the beer is talking now, great work mate !

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya with the pouch Ben but I had about 2 minutes to quickly punch out the holes with a belt-hole punch before I had to give it back lol.. Still trying to get a decent pouch shape without slavishly copying other designs on the site

Also, it's welding glove leather and I'm hoping it's strong enough to hold up..

Jay

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
that piece of cut tube gives enough holding strength for the tube set to not slip out of the pouch? I will have to try this method, Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't had many shots through it yet but it's holding up nicely. Others who use this method say it works well but to only use 1745 as it gives the best grip. I did hear mention of another type of tubing that gives a better grip but can't remember it at the moment

Jay

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Neat method! -- Tex

·
See The Target
22,014 Posts
Clever! I do a similar technique in rigging plastic baits for bass fishing. " wacky rig"

1 - 19 of 19 Posts