Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well MM ask about how I was going about making my frame .I got some pics of how I did it ???? I used the bolts from a communication wire spool .The bolts that hold it together maybe grade 5 if I am lucky .Should be fine it’s not a pry bar it’s a slingshot ! Going to do handle with some good black tape to build up and heavy shrink tube to finish.I have black and red not sure what one .well here’s the pics and lots of them .Port boy

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good!! Gonna have to put one of these on my "someday" list. That list is getting long lol
i haha ya for sure on the list something different eh .I was fun build so far dang krylon paint going to take a day or two to harden up before I can do any more :-( Thanks

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a fine job my friend! Gonna make a fun shooter.
Thanks Joe it fells good in the hand so far but I have it so it take a 25 mm band but might give a hot spot on fingers .Might be a 6mm ammo shooter not sure how to go about making the finger part more user friendly

·
Registered
817 Posts
Excellent work can't wait to see how it shoots!

Reactions: 31610

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very nice! Im only bending for now, need to put welding on my list. i Have a stick welder but i never tried it. It feels kinda dangerous atm. :panic:

Love the pics that show the build, we need more of those!

/Uba

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Like GG said. You could take strips of cloth, dunk them in bondo resin and and wrap till you got the shape you wanted.

Note: The Bondo resin that I used is honey colored. Not my choice, but couldn't think of the name of the clear stuff. Senior moment.
Might even throw a little on those "hot spots"

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! Im only bending for now, need to put welding on my list. i Have a stick welder but i never tried it. It feels kinda dangerous atm. :panic:
Love the pics that show the build, we need more of those!

/Uba
thanks ! Try the welder out get some scrape 6mm plate run a couple beads.Its a good skill to lean might be a little hard to weld wire with a stick your first time but a little practice it's definitely doable

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am really liking it! You might consider doing a micarta wrap on the handle. Very easy to do, indestructible and you can go as simple or elaborate as you want.
sounds like a cool idea ! Like the indestructible part I will research it out .I do have a litre of fibreglass res that's doing nothing

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like GG said. You could take strips of cloth, dunk them in bondo resin and and wrap till you got the shape you wanted.Note: The Bondo resin that I used is honey colored. Not my choice, but couldn't think of the name of the clear stuff. Senior moment.Might even throw a little on those "hot spots"
might just keep this one simple TIL I see how it works .Just hoping I don't get band slipping pretty sure it's going to hold but need get it outside.Thanks !

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well did a test drive today I was getting worried I had tryed 1632 and 1842 tube pieces as a binder and was not working well at all .I asked Tex-Shooter what he uses he said strip of gum rubber .So I tryed a strip of flat band and that work out awesome no slip at all u can see in my pic it’s jammed up well .Know I need to make more user friendly it flat out hurts the paw well my index finger .I am happy the attachment system work out !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts