Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attempting to cut a string with an arrow shot from a compound bow! Is it possible? I wasn't sure, so I decided to find out in this first installment of my archery trick shot series.

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
See The Target
22,206 Posts
Use weaker sting and weight it under tension . Your shooting is good . Just not enough speed for that string . Try sewing thread . There was an online slingshot thread cut contest years ago here . Most thread cuts in under a minute was the objective . Very challenging .

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Hot biscuits and butter, Josh! That is good shooting.

Treefork is right. The string is being pushed. Arrows penetrate because of the mass being inline... like when a high powered bullet stops in a can full sand but an arrow pushes through... some kind of science, eh?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Use weaker sting and weight it under tension . Your shooting is good . Just not enough speed for that string . Try sewing thread . There was an online slingshot thread cut contest years ago here . Most thread cuts in under a minute was the objective . Very challenging .
Good tips thank you!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hot biscuits and butter, Josh! That is good shooting.

Treefork is right. The string is being pushed. Arrows penetrate because of the mass being inline... like when a high powered bullet stops in a can full sand but an arrow pushes through... some kind of science, eh?
Ah, thanks man! Yeah, I should have known that. Next time I will get it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts