Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You can make your own bands from any latex-based exercise resistance bands. You will need a rotary cutter and a self-healing mat. Also, some type of pouch tying jig. Lots of information here and on Youtube.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just order a bunch of replacement bands with your selection.
The Scout LT would be a better choice.
just my $.02
Problem..... Australia is skinned of all Simpleshot but a few Sparrows with no replacement bands available seemingly nationwide.
Only Marksman and tubes are out there.

I have looked at importing from the US but only priority post is possible at $US80 to here.

·
Super Moderator
6,965 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: hoggy

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The local supplier of Simpleshot has been expecting delivery of new stock this week but still hasn't received it..... apparently it has arrived in Brisbane.

Having done more online study I think I maybe leaning towards the Scout LT due to the square top fork corner for OTT aimpoint, the sight notch for TTF and the fact that ocularis bungs will probably wear over time and be difficult to replace here in Aus..... though it will no doubt be my second if I become hooked as hoped.:)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, I finally took possession of a new black Simple Shot Scout LT and 4x extra flat band sets on Friday just past.
Also bought a 200 litre blue plastic drum which I have marked out a large window to be cut on my next day off, Tuesday. When the catch drum is completed I will hang a paper plate with centre black dot and start slinging 7/16 steel.
Patience.....🥴

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
UPDATE

So, I have had a coupla 5m sessions shooting at a 23cm centre dotted paper plate.
1st 50x 7/16" steel TTF and I sucked! 🤣Maybe a dozen on target, 3 lost wide to grassland and the rest low and left. As my anchor point was to the ear I finished with a nice pouch chafed cheek and the Mrs saying "Bloody idiot".
2nd session 50 OTT and a more forward anchor, 90%+ on the plate with 5 taking out the centre orange dot. I also experienced a hand hit taking a nice teardrop chunk of skin with the frame pushed too far forward..... beginners scar.

Drinkware Dishware Textile Cup Serveware

Blue Liquid Fluid Storage tank Cylinder
Blue Light Drinkware Liquid Rectangle

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok, think I have got the basics sorted.

After 5 sessions at 6m, trying both OTT & TTF, different face anchor points, several fork hits, a hand hit and the where the ♤□☆♧ did that goes, today this.....
Dishware Tableware Serveware Plumbing fixture Porcelain

Settled on OTT, 7.5" band length drawn to thumb knuckle under the cheekbone.😅

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Update

So as you can see I had a little extra paracord and wrapped the LT..... feels good and covers the ugly forkhit dent(ouch) on the lower left.

I have progressed out to 7m and my cheek anchor point has drifted back to a floating one at the ear..... not as accurate yet but shows promise, is much less restricting and more free feeling.
Paper plates got boring so on to can smashing today which has brought the smile back even when I missed 50% and could see clearly where the steel flew.
Posty just delivered a set of the white/red micro-fibre swingers so it's all happening.
Next I have to get onto making my own bands as I'm burning through my supply of expensive locally supplied SS black band sets which aren't lasting long with a 150-200 shot span. I know exactly the items I want/need from where and have started slowly gathering.

Light Bicycle handlebar Floor Material property Flooring

Thanks for your ear and Hi from Aus.
:D

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
🥳
Yay!
After 11 sessions to 7m, today I decided to try TTF again, with a little more knowledge under the cap and backed up for a first go at 10m.
Within a few shots I was smashing cans.
😊

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.