Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gympietimes.com.au/story/2009/12/03/jail-threat-after-slingshot-incident/

THE penalty for firing ball bearings with a slingshot would normally be a slap on the wrist, but Gympie Magistrate Maxine Baldwin this week reminded Alan Kennedy, 19, he was already on a suspended prison sentence when he did it.

"If you came before me with a clean slate you would have got a proverbial slap on your wrist and walked away. You've racked up quite a history at such a young age," she said, and asked the unemployed Kennedy if he had ever held a job.

"Glazing, fencing, boning, trimming and shooting," Kennedy said.

"What's your next move - prison?" Mrs Baldwin asked.

Kennedy committed the offence of discharging a weapon in a public place in Blackall on June 18, and had traffic offences relating to riding an unregistered motorbike on May 23.

The court learned Kennedy was on a suspended jail sentence from the District Court for arson to which he would be returned for re-sentencing.

For the May 23 traffic offences, Kennedy was ordered to do 31 hours community service and fined $200 for the uninsured motorbike.

For the slingshot incident, his suspended sentence was extended to October 2011, and he was sentenced to another two months' jail, suspended for two years and six months.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Shooting with a slingshot is illegal? In this case, my first "felony" dates back to age 5. You may call me notorious.

One more country that is a no-no for emmigration.

Jörg

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
You aren't even allowed to watch films or play games that carry an 18 certificate in Australia, they almost make me feel lucky to be in the UK!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Hey he already had a record and he broke the law, more power to the judge....half the trouble we have here in the land of the free, is that the laws we have aren't enforced and if they are it's only for some not for all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts