Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
I've been hauling this RooSac all over the world for 35 years and finally saw a good use for it after seeing Winnie's Roo-Ammo-Sac that Dan Hood featured in one of his YouTube videos. I had made a lousy version of this last year, but that video allowed me to see it up close and inspire me to do a better job of it!
Winnie, if my tooth was aching, you'd be my Dentist for sure.
Dan Hood, I WILL be an owner of one of your frames, even if it costs me another divorce.
So check it out! The photos tell the story but I will elaborate:
A Red Oak Spout drilled out at a 1/2", a short rubdown with 220grit and a long soak in the BLO.
The cord is Kevlar Kite String from the 80's when flying big stunt kites was my hobby. Now I fly smaller versions so this cord gets used for cooler stuff!
The Toggle is Brown Micarta on one side, Green Micarta in the middle, and one of the last slivers from Grandpa's Oak gunstock on the other side. The magnet inside gave me a bit of a fight which resulted in me sanding through the Oak and making a little hole. The blem you see is an oak 'patch' that almost looks like it is part of the original plan.
The idea of the toggle was 3-fold. I wanted a neck lanyard and I also wanted to remove the lanyard and wrap it over my belt or through a loop or hole. The magnet was to have a quiet 'ready to go' round without opening the pouch.
The Stopper is made from a Mountain Lion Tooth that I brought down with my Bowie Knife and a Bologna Sandwich.*
I hope it gets the 'Winnie Approved* 5-Star Award otherwise I am going to have to find another Sac and give it another whirl. I couldn't visualize the Winnie Mag-Spout concept. I think I have about 50 rounds of 3/8" steel in the Winnie-Sac in this photo. I'll be able to carry my #4 Lead Buckshot in here as well. Although maybe I DO need to make another??! Thanks everyone for looking! Moses

*The Stopper came from a Petco Chew Bone Antler that I cut off before giving him the rest!
7fd9627e4b29f8921ff5cc6049914f41.jpg
3b6d25484f59f7988a0d9f3d823b45ea.jpg
98182c6d7e8a4df04693c9c6d320da56.jpg
6fa0df66a521d9b57a344a7cc501bc75.jpg
f29faf683959f393757d704f52f4977b.jpg
1698eb3eb5953e137779ba16c6dad129.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks y'all! I know it is a tad on the Blingy side but she'll get used. The one I usually use is one of those Aluminum Pill tubes that has at least 6 Earth Magnets in it. It is wrapped in baseball grip tape and can hold a wad of steel balls or tow a truck if needed!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Winnie better like it or I'll need a team of trademark lawyers to bail me out!

·
Mojave Mo
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your ammo bag is top notch for real brotha.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Dog! I like it, and am going to have to make another! I may stitch my next pouch instead of a Roo Sac. I looked up those Roo Sacs and they seem to run about $15.00 a sac.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts