Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up one of the Axiom cores from Simple Shot to use as a template. Building for a friend looking to get into slingshots.

Materials are 3/8" linen phenolic and 3/8" African Mahogany. Black fiber spacers and 1/4" brass tubing for pins.

GdhS0Yt.jpg

Making an epoxy sandwich :D

HItYeHf.jpg

EAAR2LI.jpg

5T7YMqG.jpg

Finished off with some BLO.

FTuIecQ.jpg

9IgRV3G.jpg

c24gRnb.jpg

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks All. There will be a second one for myself sometime in the near future :D

Very nice. What do you glue the synthetic with ? Epoxy?
Thanks. Used G Flex epoxy. 1:1, easy to work with, decent time to work with it. I've had good experiences with it.

That's a beauty CC! I'm building one of those right now and hope it comes out as good as yours.
What finish did you use?
Thank you. Went with a few coats of BLO.

·
Mojave Mo
5,387 Posts
Thanks CC you just gave me an Aha moment. I've got some Alu- Cores ready to become finished frames but I have been making myself crazy trying to keep the Aluminum polished while I work the scales, and the other way around. I have been pondering moving onto Micarta Cores and of course Wood Cores of all things. So now I don't have to fuss about creating a clean and reusable template. Aha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.