Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Last year toward the end of season I was zipping around on a snowmachine and came across a pile of Rock Ptarmigan. I head shot one and shot the second square in the back between the wings. This second bird I sent to a buddy of mine who does my taxidermy. Yesterday it came back and I am very pleased with the result. Have you ever had a slingshot trophy mounted?

hQ7ratR.jpg

gM1gV3B.jpg

Have a good one!

Msturm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Last year toward the end of season I was zipping around on a snowmachine and came across a pile of Rock Ptarmigan. I head shot one and shot the second square in the back between the wings. This second bird I sent to a buddy of mine who does my taxidermy. Yesterday it came back and I am very pleased with the result. Have you ever had a slingshot trophy mounted?

hQ7ratR.jpg

gM1gV3B.jpg

Have a good one!

Msturm
That bird looks like it is still alive. Keep track of that taxidermist, great work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you killed a bird just for the fun of having it as a taxidermic trophy?
Your question was stated as an assumption, and as such I reject the premise of your question.

The thing about hitting a bird in the back is it does not damage many feathers, it is easy to hide and it breaks the spine. If you spend much time on this section of the forum you know I eat a lot of birds. This one is no different. A carefully skinned bird can be breasted and mounted.

Ordo sir, problem with riding a high horse is the fall when you realize you don't know your tack.

Msturm

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pigeons and squirells dont make good mounts,but i did kill a LARGE wood rat once that might have been mountable,,,,,i ,didnt eat him though.lol

good looking bird though
I know a guy who can do a pretty nice squirrel if you are good with skinning! (it's a bit expensive $300 range as they are a pain in the a$$.) But if you get a monster and need a guy, I will tan it for ya and that will cut the cost some.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
pigeons and squirells dont make good mounts,but i did kill a LARGE wood rat once that might have been mountable,,,,,i ,didnt eat him though.lol
good looking bird though
I know a guy who can do a pretty nice squirrel if you are good with skinning! (it's a bit expensive $300 range as they are a pain in the a$$.) But if you get a monster and need a guy, I will tan it for ya and that will cut the cost some.
Have you any mounted squirrels mate?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Reactions: skarrd

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good looking bird though
Have you any mounted squirrels mate?

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk
Not yet. I am waiting on a primo one. My friend Jake is a taxidermist and he has several around his house. Apparently they are among the most difficult to do as the details are so small. I will post when I get mine back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.