Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

New guy here, just about a week into slingshot shooting.

Today I decided to build a more permanent shot trap/target holder. I have been using a cardboard box stuffed with old sheets, but it was messy and not so easy to get all my shot back out.

I just made a simple 4'x4' frame and used an old welding blanket folded in half as a shot stop/catch.

I just got in from shooting ~100 times into it and it works great! Now to make another one to keep at my shop so I can shoot when business is slow.

IMG-20200404-162731-1.jpg

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
That's a really effective looking design. I might have to take a crack at that as well!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
292 Posts
I need to build something like that for outside. Weather is getting warmer here and plan to setup an outdoor range soon.

Do you get many bounce outs?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone

I need to build something like that for outside. Weather is getting warmer here and plan to setup an outdoor range soon.

Do you get many bounce outs?
I get an occasional bounce out, maybe 1 out of 30 or so. I think if I made it 20" between the uprights instead of 16", I would have had none.

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I've gone through Catchbox variations of the lowly Plastic Bin. Today I put the last few touches on my latest creation that will be planted in my backyard this coming week. I needed it to blend with the forest and not be too obvious if Mr. Nosey across the road thought I was breaking his Law of the Ignorant.
I used a Sump Basin and a moving blanket. The rest is just stuff around the garage!
ba1a76ba9ce2d6a100be09f9b9f0a214.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
d38f2923de15576bb0dfb392c7bcf31f.jpg

d74973dd4f0507c02c0624f1243534f8.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts