Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finished it last night and tried it out this morning, it looks chunky but fits my hand like a glove, the elastic is powerfull but easy to draw back, it distroid a large sweet tin lid in seconds at 15 yards,
the elastic starts at the pouch with 6 small bands each side, then finished with 9 at the fork, cheers jeff

·
Registered
107 Posts
How does that format - loads of wee bands - compare with the equivalent draw weight of a single band, eg Theraband, for efficiency? I'd have thought there would be a lot of friction in the system. I'm hoping here that the answer is encouraging cos it'd be much cheaper (help ma boab, aye) to just replace individual busted bands than a whole side.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does that format - loads of wee bands - compare with the equivalent draw weight of a single band, eg Theraband, for efficiency? I'd have thought there would be a lot of friction in the system. I'm hoping here that the answer is encouraging cos it'd be much cheaper (help ma boab, aye) to just replace individual busted bands than a whole side.
It is easyer to draw back than my thera band gold, but there does not seem to be too much loss of power, i got the idea from the ones from china, and there does not seem to be any friction, ive been using this idea for over a year with my small cataplut but with a few less band each side, and they take game as big as rabbits,
the good thing is you only seem to snap one little band at a time, i can do 6 0r 7 catapult out of one bag for £1.50, now thats cheap, jeff

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks quite brutal, i like it! how many shots dos the bandset last? do u change singel bands when broken?
I dont know how many shot, i just have to change 1 at a time, but if they start snapping i change the lot cos there cheap, but they last ages, i think a lot of small bands will easy outlast 2 big bands, jeff

·
Registered
855 Posts
Turned out great, shot! Nicely done.
I just picked up a large bag of rubber bands like those the other night. Can't wait to give them a try.

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
That is a good-lucking natural fork.....I am quite impressed with your manly linked bands as well. I'm going to give that a try here in the next few days myself.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That's a very clever band arrangement, 射擊者. It's cheap, easily available, tuneable and efficient.

·
Registered
484 Posts
u will wonder how hard it is to find a good branch, and how much work it realy is if a good natural is born
i will go out now and try to find some . i will tell u if successfull

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
and if you do, they aren't all that easy to sell.... at least not for what is fair for the amount of work you put into them.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u will wonder how hard it is to find a good branch, and how much work it realy is if a good natural is born
I,m lucky with forks, the trees near me are full of them, sometimes too perfect, you need a few bumps and twists to give them there own character, jeff

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I have 8 or so forks in my trunk right now, but since I have three already made (ones still needs bands), plus a old Wham o I need bands for, Plus my Victor 20. I'm not in a huge rush to start them, I think I'll just let them dry a little more instead of using the micro.

·
Banned
388 Posts
I,m lucky with forks, the trees near me are full of them, sometimes too perfect, you need a few bumps and twists to give them there own character, jeff
[/quote]

few down this way!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts