Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Whoah. Go big or go home huh? I'd love to order some, but at this point if I don't start shooting more than hoarding my wife is gonna kill me. Where'd you get those perchance?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoah. Go big or go home huh? I'd love to order some, but at this point if I don't start shooting more than hoarding my wife is gonna kill me. Where'd you get those perchance?
Look for them on ebay. Seller is epicpeakgearusa. At only $19.99 (free shipping) per 4000, they work out to .005 cents a shot. Can't get much more economical than that!

·
aka CYBORG
1,997 Posts
I'm restricted to light bands/tubes and consequently 1/4" steel. 9mm clay allows me to play with an additional size without upping the draw weight ... and I enjoy the earthy smell. Initially, I wondered about the infamous 'night soil collectors' in rural China, but thankfully, that concern is apparently unfounded. :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm restricted to light bands/tubes and consequently 1/4" steel. 9mm clay allows me to play with an additional size without upping the draw weight ... and I enjoy the earthy smell. Initially, I wondered about the infamous 'night soil collectors' in rural China, but thankfully, that concern is apparently unfounded. :)
I believe 9mm clay is the same weight as 1/4 steel. Some may even be creeping up into 5/16 territory.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I believe 9mm clay is the same weight as 1/4 steel. Some may even be creeping up into 5/16 territory.
There are different types of clay ammo in the 9-10mm range. The most recent batch of chocolate colored ammo is the heaviest I've seen.

1/4 steel - 16 gn
5/16 steel - 32 gn
3/8 steel - 54 gn

Hard orange - 14 gn
Black soft - 14 gn
Tan soft - 19 gn
Brown soft - 25 gn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts