1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Baltic birch ahs no voids in it and is a very good product. -- Tex

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
If there is a Radio Control Model Airplane store in your town they may have what you are looking for. That is where I got mine. Several thickness to choose from and you can purchase small squares of it or longer ones. I chose the 1/4 inch and it is extremely strong. I tried some duley xpress bands on one and it will not break. Also made up some 3/8 thick but I just like the 1/4 inch because it feels like it fits my hand better.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I've been thinking about making a slingshot that could shoot ultra power bands.Should i use baltic birch plywood, or would normal borch plywood be okay (multiplex)???
I am using baltic birch and like it very much. There are very few voids. The fact that the voids are scarce and an easy fix. I use Famowood (brand name) acetone base Birch color filler. I use this in my wood flooring business and since it is on hand and dries fast and virtually no shrinkage is excellent.
The slingshot is one that was badly blemished, so I sanded it down more with the intention of letting the layers give it some effect. Not too bad for one beginning with a bad blemish.
You can see why it is a nice wood material to work with.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I've been thinking about making a slingshot that could shoot ultra power bands.Should i use baltic birch plywood, or would normal borch plywood be okay (multiplex)???
I am using baltic birch and like it very much. There are very few voids. The fact that the voids are scarce and an easy fix. I use Famowood (brand name) acetone base Birch color filler. I use this in my wood flooring business and since it is on hand and dries fast and virtually no shrinkage is excellent.
The slingshot is one that was badly blemished, so I sanded it down more with the intention of letting the layers give it some effect. Not too bad for one beginning with a bad blemish.
You can see why it is a nice wood material to work with.
[/quote]
Whoops here is the photo.... DSC01247.JPG

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts