Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy did his kitchen in bamboo flooring, guaranteed 30 years. He gave me some left overs, this is some tuff stuff, nice colors in it. Just under 3/4 thick cuts hard but seems to sand nice. I wore a respirator while cutting because I have know idea what is in it, haven't shaped or sanded it out yet, I bet it will finish out nice. The flooring was narrow so I was limited to the profile I could use. I chose the Feral Catapults Tack Hammer (by Pop Shot).
Thanks Pop Shot, should turn into a cool little shooter.
Mark

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
That's gonna be pretty.
I have a bunch of that stuff, but alas no wood working tools. Two types. Horizontal and vertical. Will supply in trade for a pfs from same material.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's gonna be pretty.
I have a bunch of that stuff, but alas no wood working tools. Two types. Horizontal and vertical. Will supply in trade for a pfs from same material.
capnjoe,
I'm sure someone will take you up on that. Saw yer clips, your deadly with that pfs!

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
Thank you. I learned it from Darrell (dgui). The best teacher in the world is one who can't reach you. His vids made it easy for me. But I suffered pain to learn. Boy did I suffer.
I may have to hit Lowes and purchase a little wood working station of my own. I took wood shop! What do I need? A band or jig saw, a router and a sander right?

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Thank you. I learned it from Darrell (dgui). The best teacher in the world is one who can't reach you. His vids made it easy for me. But I suffered pain to learn. Boy did I suffer.
I may have to hit Lowes and purchase a little wood working station of my own. I took wood shop! What do I need? A band or jig saw, a router and a sander right?
maybe itll help if i tell you what i use, a jigsaw, coping saw, various wood files, a 4 in 1 wood file , sandpaper of different grits , sometimes a dremel , and elbow grease and sweat . if your not going to go into mass production you dont need much . i think there was a thread about this very subject in the tools or something section .

Reactions: capnjoe

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
only bamboo ive gotten to use so far is the floor sample you can get for free from HD. its woven bamboo flooring (only used it for palm/finger swells). yours looks more sturdy . yours looks like itll hold up very well.

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
Looks good! I like the coloring

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Very nice job!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good! but if you want a wider one, this is the perfect example of where a split frame comes in handy.
check it out here.
Very nice wombat. That is a great idea. A biscuit joiner would make it a breeze to do, and add some strength. I'm going to have to try it.
Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts