Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my version of a paper punching (ergonomically correct?) slingshot. Baumstamm suggested I put some finger grooves in when he saw my last one, so I agreed and put some in. The inside fork width is two and a half inches just for target shooting. I just put a couple of coats of furniture wax on it for a finish. Hope you like it.

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Smitty, I like that a lot.

Is that bamboo expensive? I'd like to have a go with some of that.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bamboo dulls cutting blades very quickly, but if you keep a sharp blade handy it works fine. Everything else about it is pretty decent except the sawdust is kinda powdery and irritating.
The cost of the bamboo I am not too familiar with because this is the first time I have ever worked with it. I don't have a supplier yet (if I will get one), I just went to the cooking store and bought a cutting board. I marked out eleven slingshots out of the one $22.00 cutting board I got.
Also thanks guys for taking an interest in it, I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Smitty ,I think that is your best looking frame of them all Bud! Palm swell,thick, good throat opening,wide tops,solid material,good finish,and an Ergo too boot! WOW Cool Bud! Flatband

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hi Smitty

Parece que lleva años yendo al gimnasio esa horqueta o que le entra con singular alegría a los esteroides anabólicos jajajaja!

Me gustó, muy buen diseño.

It seems that it takes to years going to the gymnasium that fork or that enters to him with singular joy anabólicos steroids!

I liked, very good design.

Chepo

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. I tried Linatex, T-gold and gum rubber on it and I think I like the gum rubber the best for shooting many, many rounds at a target.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts