Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to be asking such an amateur question, but I'm unable to find the answer when I try to search including on youtube. I own no slingshots and am looking to buy one for myself and my nephew. I am looking at the following slingshots.

Chief AJ
Dankung Cougar and jungle hunter (I'm not sure I would use the flat bands thus might not need the ears) I get the chinese style band attachment.
milbro with the hole.

I'm not sure I understand how to attach the band to the slingshots with the hole. From pictures, some look like you stick the band through the hole and then wrap it around a dowel and then stick back through the hole and pull tight. I saw one video where it looked like the hole was tapered and you stick a steel ball in the band and then pull tight in the hole. Some look like you tie a knot or some thing in the band after sticking it through the hole. I'm sorry for what must seem an extremely boring question to answer. But, with what I'm seeing on the internet, I can't quite figure out what is going on to make a decision on what I think I would like for band attachment.

Thanks for the help,

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you get a Couger or Jungle Hunter and use the looped bands, they are self explanatory once you get it, you'll see. Just pull the bad tight and slide it through the slot on the ears. I have a Jungle hunter, chief AJ, and a ton of Flatband slingshots. I love shooting the Jungle Hunter for target, but fot big power I like flatband stuff. You can't go wrong with any of them, but starting out with a Dankung looped band model is not a bad idea. Easy to use, easy band changes, fun to shoot.

Derek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.