Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing some jigs recently posted by others, I realized I needed a newer, smaller model.
It was slow at work last night so I found some aluminum channel and a few small nuts and bolts. Here's what I came up with and it works great!

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Sweet build Jake I like it I had bought some toggle clamps to do one like metro made but than I built the big one lol I am having trouble finding the clamp pliers like u have other than ordering them I have looked in stores but no dice :-( I might still make the smaller one without the table clamp .nice jig fella ????????

Attachments

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
I like it Jake.

Over time, I've used a few but always come back to my cribbage board contraption - spring clamps are the fastest on it and provide the most hand room. I don't tie 'in the field' so it sits on a shelf until needed.

A friend was going to sell the one piece stainless fixture with hemos - his design goals were to tie both sides at the same time, be non-adjustable and only one piece - no moving parts. With locking pliers included (Harbor Freight sells them too) the set up is a bit fiddly and the hand room is somewhat cramped. Using spring clamps nose first in the slots might work better, may try that. He's currently occupied and the project is on hold.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts