Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having shot only theraband gold, simpleshot black and pure amber latex, I prefer the latter. Looks like simpleshot is no longer selling the diy amber latex..Looks like I'll have to begin cutting bands from sheets. Does anyone prefer the precise latex over the pure amber or is it essentially the same. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/info...

·
Registered
13 Posts
No personal experience with the latex you mentioned but I am currently using Precise red .7 which is excellent. Especially this time of year.

·
See The Target
22,228 Posts
Having shot only theraband gold, simpleshot black and pure amber latex, I prefer the latter. Looks like simpleshot is no longer selling the diy amber latex..Looks like I'll have to begin cutting bands from sheets. Does anyone prefer the precise latex over the pure amber or is it essentially the same. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/info...
Natural pure latex is an excellent choice and always will be . I just checked SS website and it is still available in the DIY bulk section .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments … If anyone thinks there is anything out there equal/superior to the natural amber latex - I'd like to hear about it...

·
See The Target
22,228 Posts
Thanks for the comments … If anyone thinks there is anything out there equal/superior to the natural amber latex - I'd like to hear about it...
Simple Shot Black and Thera Band Gold are comparable . Not identical . There have been tests done by guys demonstrating this . I'll see if I can find the videos later . When comparing latex you need to use the same thickness and cut and all other variables for an accurate conclusion .

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've been out of the game for a few years, is TBG still top dog or have times moved on? Prefer to cut my own bandsets and don't want to pay through the nose for it either lol

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I used Theraband blue in the past: incredibly fast, but with a relatively short lifespan, as it is fairly thin.

More recently, I've been using Chinese slingshots with the non-brand flat bands I received along with these slingshots: in spite of being tapered to 50%, they are very durable: 400 - 500 shots or more are no problem, not to mention excellent performance at lower temperatures i.e. close to zero centigrade.

I have yet to cut some band sets with the "Precise" flat band rubber I have: my initial impression is that this is a good quality product, but objective comparisons with TB-gold would need to be made to confirm this.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've been out of the game for a few years, is TBG still top dog or have times moved on? Prefer to cut my own bandsets and don't want to pay through the nose for it either lol
My understanding is that the TBG manufactured today is a different rubber than the TBG first used by slingshot hobbyists several years back. One particular slingshot YouTuber even went so far as to say there is no reason to continue using TBG with all the current rubber choices out there.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Surprising, ive still got a few metres of the old stuff but may have to look elsewhere when it comes to restocking. Every days a school day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts