Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Very detailed true information. Could you please describe a little bit the holding time before releasing the pouch

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
This is interesting you mention this as I dont think I've ever seen it discussed, I do notice with simple shots black latex when I draw back and hold for any longer than a couple seconds I actually feel the bands "relaxing" this meaning energy being released before I release the shot, I've never bothered to see if i loose any great power when doing this but it could be worth looking into, I mentioned the black latex as Its the only bands I've actually properly noticed this with

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
Very detailed true information. Could you please describe a little bit the holding time before releasing the pouch

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
This is interesting you mention this as I dont think I've ever seen it discussed, I do notice with simple shots black latex when I draw back and hold for any longer than a couple seconds I actually feel the bands "relaxing" this meaning energy being released before I release the shot, I've never bothered to see if i loose any great power when doing this but it could be worth looking into, I mentioned the black latex as Its the only bands I've actually properly noticed this with

I noticed the same thing with black simple shot. I started using it in the beginning and I really wanted to give it a chance but I just don't get the speed out of it unless of course I snap shoot but I don't like snap shooting. I have measured the draw-weight and have observed it letting off using Amber latex and simple shot black. I haven't ran many tests yet but I feel it's roughly 10% loss after about a second and a half.

Amber latex is quite similar by the way in my opinion again I hold for around three seconds and I notice it letting off in a similar manner to simple shot black.

I will say that precise orange which I love for 3/8 Clay doesn't seem to lose as much power after holding and it has a more solid wall depending on your stretch percentages. I tend to run mine fairly high and build bands more regularly but I need the practice :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aw man thanks for that, at least I know I wasnt imagining it Haha I still use it on the frames I already have banded but for some reason after so long I always seem to gravitate back to tbg!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.