Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
Groves don't really do much, I say that you can wrap your wrapping band one time around the frame and then start wrapping the bands over that wrap. But what helps that most is wrapping the band and then folding the leftover and wrapping over that again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
529 Posts
Groves don't really do much, I say that you can wrap your wrapping band one time around the frame and then start wrapping the bands over that wrap. But what helps that most is wrapping the band and then folding the leftover and wrapping over that again

Thanks
i'll give the wraps in the groove first a try. I already fold the tag over and wrap over that.
Yes i see many don't use grooves at all.
No problem, just do 1 or 2 wraps first and it should be good, let me know if it works for you

· Registered
529 Posts
Good to hear, wider tying bands do help a lot I gave that one a try myself. And for me at least for ease of mind I would say is that when I wrap the tying band 1 or 2 times first the bands have some rubber that is pinched and have a better grip rubber to rubber instead of wood to rubber or what ever the sling is made of just my thoughts and also makes it a little easier for me to tie the bands since I already have the tying band on place and just need to finish wrapping instead of messing with both at the same time. But that's just me as long as the way you do it works for you that's all that matters :) glad we could help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.