Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
See The Target
21,988 Posts
What size ammo ?

What fork are you using ? Rounded edges ?

How much are you stretching them when shooting ?

How much pre-stretch are you applying when attaching to pouch ?

How tight are you pulling the ties ?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Try slacking off a little on the the windings at the pouch. When I get carried away and bind the bands at the pouch to tight, the thread it'self cuts them. I have better luck with something like butcher string, it doesn't wind on so tight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The regular amber latex doesn't last long but it should do better than that. With 7/8" bands you should be shooting at least 7/16 steel. Anything less would be like a dry fire. That can cause it. IMHO.
You saw that, yes sir 7/8-3/4 if I remember correctly. Not with it at the time.
I'll back off on the tension like SJAaz suggested and lessen my widths. 3/8 steel.
thanks.

·
Registered
350 Posts
yer mate maybe to tight on the pouch ive been useing yellow theraband for ties, thin strips and 10mm square piece that i copydex on to the thin strips then the 10mm piece starts as a sleave.bind it firm. then when you release the tension the sleave rolls onto the tie no sharp edges, theres a video on line of a bloke useing that new tape which he uses like this to make a sleave by winding a strip of the tape which rolls back on itself when he releases the tension.most times i have to asist the theraband in rolling in from both sides but its worth it no sharp edges. and i dont yous much copdex,it sticks yellow theraband together very well,yellow theraband doesnt weigh much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.