Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having been inspired by Joerg's ultra cool video's, I dusted off my old "Black Widow"
and then decided to make my own from wood. I am still in the process of choosing the size and shape that I want to go for ( at the moment I have about 6 as work in progress ). I plan to use Thera-band gold for my slingshot but my three children, all between 6 and 10 have shown a shead load of interest and now I can't get them off the slingshot Channel...."Thanks Joerg"
. So my question is, where is a good place to start with regards to rubber for my 6,8 and 10 year olds ? Tubes or Bands, at the moment they are using sets of 3 and 4 office bands looped together. They will only be plinking at the moment at about 7 to 10 meters with light ammo. Many thanks in advance for advice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh hi,

You probably got little response on your questions, because there is more then enough info on the forum about this...
Anyways, for target shooting with light draw (~4kg) I use theraband silver 3-2cm over 23cm, gold 2 to 1.2 over 23cm, or somewhat lighter, 1.5 to 1cm gold is still good for target shooting.
for extremely light shooting , but still workable with marbles at 10 meter, try 3-2 cm theraband black over 20-25cm, its 1.5 to 2 kg pull.

/Dei

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Hello Marra!!!

There are may different ways you could go, but if you want something ready made I would suggest my .....

!! NEW !! "ADJUSTABLE" Single Band Assembly !! NEW !!
This high quality, pure rubber set is cut Extra Long so you can customize the length just for your needs and strength. By test shooting and retying them on the forks an inch shorter each time, you can fine tune these bands to get that "perfect" feel you want!!!
Shot at the full 12" they make a fine target plinker set for children and even adults with wrist or hand weakness.

Shot at 8-9" they are great for adults or stronger, more experienced shooters. At the shorter lengths they have some fine hunting power paired with 1/2" steel or .44 cal. lead. When you've adjusted them to suit your needs, simply cut them off below the ties with a pair of scissors.
"Adjustable" Band Price
$5.00 Each

Contact me on my website if I can further help you in anyway!!!
Perry Adkisson ~ A+ Slingshots

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.