Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone keeps a slingshot in the car or truck, and if so, what kind of band material is recommended. It seems like the summer heat inside a car might ruin bands, so wondering if anyone had tried it and what they were using - or if it's even possible. I had a fishing tackle box in the car and one year all the plastics melted into puddles, which was an eye opener. I was thinking about trying linatex, which I've never used, but in my mind is the most durable material. But I'm probably wrong! Thanks.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
i have the red *rock chucker* bands on my trunk slings,i think its latex,holds up fairly well to S.TX weather,and it will throw a marble a good ways,just not very fast

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Linitex is my "go to" when im looking for durability. It has an old school feel to it,and it prefers the heavy stuff, but its tough as old boots, and it draws out to something like 8:1.
I recommend it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes thanks so much ghost! I’ll try just leaving some of my standards setups out and maybe pick up some linatex to play with. Also, thanks so much for your videos - seeing them and your backwoodsman articles a while back is what got me into slingshots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.