Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some forks that I cut and I need some bands. What is some good bands to use? and where can I get some?

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I have some forks that I cut and I need some bands. What is some good bands to use? and where can I get some?
From me!!! I'd love to send you some. I make several kinds, including tapered Theraband Gold bands. Check out my website.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
You can check with Flatband as well I use his bands on my vintage forks and they are great.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Many members sell them. Tex's are very accurate and enjoyable, fish's are super powerful and I've yet to try Bunny Buster's, pallan65's and of course Flatband. You can also buy them retail, I think.

You can also make them yourself from exercise band or latex sheet. I prefer bought-in ones from members here because they are high quality products, but making your own gives you the chance to tune the bandset to your specific needs. There's lots of information on the forum about how to do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replys yall have some good looking bands. With the flat bands which would be better to go around the fork or over the top? Also if the band is wider than the top of the fork will it work?

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Thanks for the replys yall have some good looking bands. With the flat bands which would be better to go around the fork or over the top? Also if the band is wider than the top of the fork will it work?
I believe that over the top is the most accurate. If they are wider you can let them lap over or fold them say in half. Just make sure that the crease is to the inside (toward the center of the fork) and the folded edges are to the outside of the forks.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
I prefer Tex's bands, but have shot with Gary (Flatband) Miller's bands too. You may just have to experiment with all of those that sell them, to see what ya like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts