Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed this:

I've noticed that when I change to a new bandset, my point of impact might change. I'm talking identical bandsets, purchased from the same supplier. Assume that I'm very careful about length, how they're tied to the frame, all the due diligence.

Typically what will happen is that I'll have to change where I hold for elevation. One bandset will shoot inches higher than another identical one from the same supplier. I've noticed this through all suppliers.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
As Matt said fresh bands shoot quit a bit different than the old ones that just broke. I found that when I get a 5.25 to 5.5 elongation. My bands break way sooner, but I am able to keep a way more consistent trajectory band set to band set. I think that there is always give in take. For when they begin to slowly weaken and not shoot as hot they just break.

·
Registered
930 Posts
For this reason when it is crucial to have similar performance with multiple bandsets I like to cycle bands. Last year at the world cup I had 6 identical bandsets shot for 50-50 shot cycles. The greatest similarities in performance was the 100-200 range. Used to making notes on the bandsets. Got the idea from Jack Koehler's book of slingshots.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
For this reason when it is crucial to have similar performance with multiple bandsets I like to cycle bands. Last year at the world cup I had 6 identical bandsets shot for 50-50 shot cycles. The greatest similarities in performance was the 100-200 range. Used to making notes on the bandsets. Got the idea from Jack Koehler's book of slingshots.
Now this kind of attention to detail is remarkable. I applaud this level of dedication.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts