Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was slinging with Charles this afternoon and one of his many beautifull slingshots was one of the most creative things ive ever slang, these style of bareback slingers.

So after having a good slinging session my brother and I said we really enjoyed the Alliance elastic bands Charles has set up on his bareback slinger and a few others he uses. He was incredibly generous enough to donate a bag of these to the greater cause. So I knew these had to be made.

Enjoy the pics these are accurate with some practice and very fun. Thanks again Charles for the bands there super fast and a blast with 3/8th steel.

abfRWuPY.jpg abkbZddo.jpg abyoBiN5.jpg

·
Engorged Member
363 Posts
I have tried shooting bareback (romanianshadow style) twice and each time the shooting session ended with a steel ball to the thumb or finger .... to fair though, I am pretty sure that it was my fault both times. I think I drew out the band too softly the first time and the ball just dropped too much during acceleration and the second time I did't hold the pouch correctly for the necessary "speedbump" effect.

Best advice I can give to anybody willing to give bareback a try is to use large, light ammo (wooden balls, beechwood for instance) or aluminium foil balls together with not too light bands. Oh, and sturdy gloves might be a good idea too ...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have tried shooting bareback (romanianshadow style) twice and each time the shooting session ended with a steel ball to the thumb or finger .... to fair though, I am pretty sure that it was my fault both times. I think I drew out the band too softly the first time and the ball just dropped too much during acceleration and the second time I did't hold the pouch correctly for the necessary "speedbump" effect.

Best advice I can give to anybody willing to give bareback a try is to use large, light ammo (wooden balls, beechwood for instance) or aluminium foil balls together with not too light bands. Oh, and sturdy gloves might be a good idea too ...
That's what scares me - knuckle or finger hit. I'm thinking about some modification that would protect the knuckle. That will not be so portable, but much more safe.

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

That's what scares me - knuckle or finger hit. I'm thinking about some modification that would protect the knuckle. That will not be so portable, but much more safe.
As in Charles bareback posts http://slingshotforum.com/topic/20974-more-minimal-slingshots/ you can see a reference to speed bump shooting. As long as you practice this there is almost no chance you will hit yourself. I would start from close to the target maybe even use something like a tape round until you gain the confidence to use a steel or lead.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Boy, you guys were quick off the mark with these. I am really glad you enjoyed shooting these little fellows. They are a lot of fun. You seemed to catch on to it right away. Thanks for the fun outing. I am looking forward to seeing your progress at our next shoot.

Cheers ..... Charles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts