Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the first coat of Minwax Fast Dry spray polyurethane on a little Maple natural I did recently, that I decided to leave the bark partially on.

I love the colors in this little fork, and will put probably 3-4 more coats on and call it done.

Hope y'all like it.
7174cc3244525b4d30f69f922a7c445b.jpg
aa8366c53d91bde4918d1c200bc2d068.jpg
62f624785f89379e7df36c6845cffbf0.jpg
638b5770fa16131cdc51e2ac8ec9926a.jpg
9c100dcafe77d767c2d6106333134e4e.jpg
607440a0bcd97a4b4ee2d89cd22a574a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NATUREally AMAZING!! You and Mama Nature did quite well on this one!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks brother, I'll give all the credit to Mama nature, but I do love this look....will definitely be doing more like this.

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
That came out nice Bud!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
That is nice nice nice! One of my favorites so far. It's good that you could get away from the job for a while and do something that you enjoy!
I was looking at the background in you pixs, and man you have one of everything! I'd love to have a lathe, even a small one.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's gorgeous Darrell !!! I love colour in that, and the way you did the bark.
Did you stain it? The red in the bark is amazing.
Thanks Shane, no Sir not stained, I just used my 12" disc sander to shape the face of it and round the fork tips and butt end, then sanded the bark lightly till it felt fairly smooth, then sprayed it.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is nice nice nice! One of my favorites so far. It's good that you could get away from the job for a while and do something that you enjoy!
I was looking at the background in you pixs, and man you have one of everything! I'd love to have a lathe, even a small one.
Thanks brother, the small Jet lathes aren't that expensive, and if you get the bed extension with it, you can do most everything a big one will do.
They are a lot of fun for sure.
( BTW, I still can't figure out what to do with that twisty Sagebrush fork you sent me....it is so unique, maybe it just needs to remain as is, unaltered)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Thanks brother, the small Jet lathes aren't that expensive, and if you get the bed extension with it, you can do most everything a big one will do.
They are a lot of fun for sure.
( BTW, I still can't figure out what to do with that twisty Sagebrush fork you sent me....it is so unique, maybe it just needs to remain as is, unaltered)

Man, you would be the guy who knows. Do with it what you want. Can't think of a better home for it than yours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.