Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was wondering what the Barnett diablo is like for hunting in terms of power and accuracy?? Sorry if ive said anything wrong, im new to slingshots.
thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k, thanks, and also one more thing, is there any difference in the red and yellow bands?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The barnett diablo was my first catapult, it got the job done with the right ammo but i quickly out grew it. The reda are supposed to be more powerful but i think theres not alot in it. on the red bands the leather poutches were awful and broke on two sets of their bands and the latex went on another so i got a set of theraband black tubes off ebay and that sorted the problem and added much more power. I hated the size of it and that counter balance aimer thing is a waste of time so i removed that with some pliers and a big tug. if you want to be poaching it's not ideal but if your keen on just plinking its fine.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use the natural looking tubes from a barnett on one of my homemade slings, they're great, hit plenty hard with heavy ammo and shoot spot on for me. The pouch broke a while back but I managed to cannibalize one off another broken band set so I'm still running strong with it. The frame is obviously a personal preference, you either like it or you don't.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ethen, yehh i removed all the weight ballencing stuff and i agree, its way to big. and the frame is alright, seems to be comfy and nice enough

·
Registered
290 Posts
I am using the Black band and with heavy ammo it works great. The Black band do shoot harder have never tried yellow.
But also trying Red they are nice as far as I can see .. Hope this Helps ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k thanks, i think ill stick with yellow, but when they need replacing might use blacks or reds

·
Registered
961 Posts
the barnett pro diablo was my second slingshot and the one that got me seriously into shooting them, i still have it although i cut my own bands so i put the strongest set on that i could manage but when i first got it the yellow bands seemed very powerful but when they broke i got a set of the red bands and they were even better. i would seriously sugest this slingshot to any new shooters.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have mine set up with double .040 bands and it screams very hard. I plan on this one being a SLINGBOW one of these days. I cut the yellow tubes off leaving about 1 1/2" and tied on the bands.

You should try the bands.

I am going to try the bands tied to shoot through the forks. It should work very well.

Very comfortable to shoot!

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have mine set up with double .040 bands and it screams very hard. I plan on this one being a SLINGBOW one of these days. I cut the yellow tubes off leaving about 1 1/2" and tied on the bands.

I am going to try the bands tied to shoot through the forks. It should work very well.

Bill
A little bump.....

I really like your modded diablo pro slingshot.
Since im not able to make my own slingshot, im thinking about buying one and mod it myself.

Can you please tell, how the plastic-body of the diablo pro is holding?
I've read a lot of negative reviews, some people complain it's not stable enough, while aiming it's shakes too much....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Slingshots are a tricky weapon man. Accuracy depends a lot on the shooter as the mind can adjust to anything. The shaking hoes away with practice. Honestly, I think that all the vendors on this sight make a way finer slingshot than can be bought in a store.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Slingshots are a tricky weapon man. Accuracy depends a lot on the shooter as the mind can adjust to anything. The shaking hoes away with practice. Honestly, I think that all the vendors on this sight make a way finer slingshot than can be bought in a store.
Great info, thnx.

No doubt, i would like to buy a slingshot from a vendor on this board.
However, slingshots aren't legal in my country, therefore it's almost impossible to buy a slngshot from a vendor from this board.

·
Registered
938 Posts

Bill
A little bump.....

Since im not able to make my own slingshot, im thinking about buying one and mod it myself.

I've read a lot of negative reviews, some people complain it's not stable enough, while aiming it's shakes too much....
[/quote]

For the price, the Diablo II is a fine SS. The handles seem to be plenty stable. The only issue I have had is where the stabilizers thread-in.

My Diablo II is now strictly a Slingbow

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts

Bill
A little bump.....

[/quote]

For the price, the Diablo II is a fine SS. The handles seem to be plenty stable. The only issue I have had is where the stabilizers thread-in.

My Diablo II is now strictly a Slingbow
[/quote]

What was the specific issue with where the stabilizers thread-in?
Thnx in adv!

·
Registered
42 Posts
The grey one with the weights rubbish is the diablo pro, the diablo is the green one, i think a few of u guys are getting mixed up. Also, red bands are tapered so they are faster and also have a bigger draw weight, the bands are good and last for ages (given you are shooting the right ammo). it is not the best for hunting as someone mentioned but it is comfortable and will get the job done. Overall a good starter's slingshot but not one that you are going to love forever, you will soon move on to better things as you learn and experience more about slingshots.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Cant find the edit button...
How did you solve the problem?
As with any metal to plastic, one has to be real careful when threading. Course threads on the rods would have been better. I haven't done anything with it. I leave them installed

The "weight rubbish" does help with stability when shooting the Slingsbow,

Bill

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cant find the edit button...
How did you solve the problem?
As with any metal to plastic, one has to be real careful when threading. Course threads on the rods would have been better. I haven't done anything with it. I leave them installed

The "weight rubbish" does help with stability when shooting the Slingsbow,

Bill
[/quote]

I know but it's a pain in the arse for hunting and is kinda bad for an all round slingshot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thnx for all the advice!
I would've given the slngshot a chance, but the store owners asking-price was way over the top... $120 for just the diablo pro.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts