Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anyone want a crazy cheap price on a batch cutting template? They only come in 20-10-230 and a 18-9-230. I would get the 20-10-230 and cut the excess off the narrow end. If you buy one be sure to double check the size in the cart before checkout. I paid 3 to 5 times this for the ones I have now. Deal is so good, I just grabbed 3 more in 20-10-230 as I am sure after I cut the bands to the proper length I will still be no narrower than 13mm on the narrow end. Insanely cheap!!

The selection picture on the right should be the 20-10-230.

I also grabbed 2 in 18-9-230.... You never know when you will get some thick elastic :)

Either size would be way too narrow for TBG but for elastics in the .7mm to .8mm range these should be plenty fast enough with 3/8" steel.

They would probably take a long time to arrive but at this price I don't care.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Slingshot-Rubber-Band-Cutting-Ruler-Line-Flat-Catapult-Hunting-Tools-Accessories/32911085016.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.30c54c4d8ijZjH

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw this too and I must say I was tempted! Do give us a review when it arrives.
At this price it's plural. I ordered 3 of the larger and 2 of the smaller. The only reason I bothered with the smallest size at all is I still have a good stock of .040" (Slightly over 1mm thick) natural latex. This stuff is just to much pull weight for me in anything but a small taper. It's hard to hit anything when I'm shaking like a dog pooping a pine cone at full draw.

They have yet to ship but I expect them to be on par quality wise with the more expensive ones I have. I do wish they offered more than just two sizes but for under $8 each I'll take what I can get. I'm hoping the 18-9-230 will allow me to get some use from my 1mm+ thick natural latex stock. I believe it will work out just fine in a taper this small. With the latest and thicker Chinese latex, I see no need for wider tapers than my standard 12-20-250 size. If I were still using TBG I can see big tapers as a needed thing but I've used the last I have and have no intentions of buying any more TBG. In most cases I cut the excess from the narrow end but if it's really thick in rare cases I have cut the excess from the wide end. Even cutting the excess from the wide end I find 20-12-250 taper a bit much for 1mm and thicker latex using 3/8" steel.

I will most certainly post my thoughts on them after I get them but I expect at least 3 weeks to get them here in the USA.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Fiveshooter, I shoot a lot of 1mm thick GZK, which is about equal to 0.040 latex.
The taper I use with 3/8 steel is 15/10 and with a short, 16cm active length, it's adequate. 16/11 would be the most I would be willing to go.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Fiveshooter, I shoot a lot of 1mm thick GZK, which is about equal to 0.040 latex.
The taper I use with 3/8 steel is 15/10 and with a short, 16cm active length, it's adequate. 16/11 would be the most I would be willing to go.
If I cut the excess length from the wide end I'll be right about where you are at. I have some 1mm stuff in 12mm X 20mm X 25CM with the excess cut from the narrow end and it's a bear to shoot. I can shoot it fairly well but not for very long. It gives me a case of the shakes if I do. I only use it for big and/or heavy frames.

BTW the 1mm stuff was already die cut at that taper. It's not something I would normally cut that size myself but I have a lot of it in a silvery / gray color.

Reactions: skropi
1 - 5 of 5 Posts