Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest extended fork. The only power tools used was a router and a hand drill. No glue was used and all but the Aluminum fork and the Firing Line handle were salvage materials. I got the firing line handle from Sanders Archery. It has 22 inches of extension and is 36 inches overall and uses the slot band tie system. I made it just to have fun shooting it. I already have generation 2 in my head. I left off the band set so you could see the slingshot better. -- Tex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That is really a slick, streamlined looking catty.

·
Super Moderator
6,685 Posts
YEAH TEX!!!!!!! Right up my alley!!!!! Flatband

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hit fairly good with them, but the more the extension the more unstable a slingshot gets, even with a folded design. Most guys I have shot with did not shoot them correctly and after I showed them a couple of things about shooting one, they started hitting. I also have a couple of ones made by other shooters that I can't hit with. There is more to making one that most realize. I shoot them just for fun and not to be real accurate. I am going to try to shoot this one full butterfly. -- Tex

·
Super Moderator
6,685 Posts
No lie there Bud. You know it and I know it, There is a correct way to shoot these monsters and you must be very careful all the time. Everything has to line up and be square and parallel-good balance helps a ton. Looks like a nice light frame too Bud. Have fun!! Flatband

1 - 15 of 15 Posts