Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
Wow that is one crazy pouch. I’ve yet to try a magnetic pouch. I don’t seem to have much problem keeping the ammo in the pouch, but then again I don’t have arthritis in my hand either. I’ve been using SS roo bb pouches which for me have worked alright, and for my 1/4” I found that Wasp’s pit pouches made for 5/16 will work too. If I get the chance I’ll give the magnetic ones a go though. I could be missing out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
With the magnet holding the ball is there a small drop off in speed? Any data on this?
There is a reduction in speed, of course, because the weight of the bag is comparable to the weight of the projectile. Even if the pouch weighs only 2 grams, it is equal to the weight of an 8 mm steel ball. In the descriptions on various sites came across pouches weighing and 4, and even 6 grams, this is a very large parasitic weight. This is the reason why I never bought them.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
There is a reduction in speed, of course, because the weight of the bag is comparable to the weight of the projectile. Even if the pouch weighs only 2 grams, it is equal to the weight of an 8 mm steel ball. In the descriptions on various sites came across pouches weighing and 4, and even 6 grams, this is a very large parasitic weight. This is the reason why I never bought them.
Yes but i mean the force of the magnet pulling against the momentum of the bands/ball

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.