Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Grandpa Pete
1,416 Posts
I use a very small pouch made of pretty flexible leather. The pouch is about 25.4 mm ( 1.5") X 12.7mm (.50") I punch a very small hole in the center, just to give me a centering spot.

I am just now putting together a little natural fork BB shooter myself. I am sourcing for some long HD rubber bands to power it.

Have fun'

GP

·
Registered
566 Posts
Coincidentally I was just in the process of retying my tubes to this little maple natural. I prefer tubes for bbs and the standout ones for me have been the small dipped latex tubes from Simple Shot. Tiny pouch from GZK. These tubes don't twist in on themselves after a shot like Dankung tubes and the long draw I give them means the bb goes like the clappers. Very fond of this shooter, it's often an every day carry.

Tool Wood Bicycle handlebar Metal Fashion accessory

Musical instrument Wood Line Twig Art

Attachments

Reactions: Tag

·
Neophyte
1,994 Posts
Here are some BB shooters I was shooting yesterday. They range from Boo shooters with some light Walmart flats to an Imp with a crazy taper (3/4 to 1/4 inch theraband gold) a ring finger hunter with 1632 Dankung singles and a pfs with 1/4 inch straights. All were set up with small pouches that I got from China through various trades and purchases.

I personally favor lighter material like the light exercise bands from Walmart or small tubes from various sellers. The microfiber pouches from China are hard to beat, inexpensive, light and durable, you will wear out your hand before you wear out one of those pouches with BBs lol.

The pouches from Simple Shot are in a whole different class though. They are just as durable and the fit and finish is truly a cut above any others. I have no experience with their tubes though.

I like Dankung tubes, they work for me and I have never had any problems with them.

I really like the "Boo Shooter" idea. Basically it is a small frame made from a bamboo spoon or other bamboo utensil. Easy to make and with the light setups for BBs plenty strong enough.

Just some ideas that were bouncing around in my head that I thought I would commit to written word :)

Attachments

Reactions: 31610 and Tag

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
most of my BB shooters i use a 1/4 in to 3/8s in wide X 1 inch long pigskin pouch [very thin leather] with office rubber bands or 1/4 by 8in straight cut TBG.Usually only shoot BBs indoors so not a lot of *power* needed :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.