Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
aww the ruger security six 357,with a 3inch bbl,blongs to a cousin now,nice piece miss it sometimes,my only other ruger is a 10/22 that i have still,got it in 1979,put literally thousands of rounds thru it,taught my sis,mom and daughter how to shoot with it,and it will still put 5 shots in a bottle cap at 50 yards [although i need a rest for that] memories,,,,,,
Might start looking for a good secondhand Browning Buckmark .22 for that reason, introductions.
My 25yo daughter loves shooting my 1911.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks Steven😊
Years ago I got into cowboy action shooting comps but soon tired of it as at times it would take up to 5hrs for the growing group to cycle through four stages. Fun and a good social for a while but I don't have the patience.
Love reloading and shooting real black powder.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks Don,
Yes I load the cylinders off the gun on a portable loading press.
Here in Queensland we are only allowed to own handguns if we are licenced club members and can only shoot at registered and supervised gun ranges as is pretty much the same for all of Australia. To maintain reason for ownership you have to shoot the minimum participation requirement of registered comps per annum.
We are allowed up to 9mm or .38cal with a 10 mag cap and any cal size black powder muzzle loader style(cap'n'ball included) as a norm but can own up to .45 cartridge for metallic silhouette and cowboy action only comps, again the minimum number requirement must be met.
Yes cylinder conversions are allowed but I don't like mouse fart loads, only full powered as meant. I use to own a Ruger new vaquero .45 colt but sold it on as I prefer shooting the old armies anytime without the cowboy action requirement. They are a joy to shoot with 30gn fffg. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts