Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sewed double thick 8-9 ounce cowhide scraps into a swinging target for my new ammo catch. Measured 25 feet ( I'm still pretty new to this sport) from the covered patio and marked it for reference. Did the same at 40 feet at the garden gate post, and 46 feet out of the photo frame. Want to keep trajectory in my own suburban yard so I won't try for any farther until I gain skills and confidence.
Pleased that I finally dialed in where to hold and began hitting the 2 1/4 diameter target over half the time.
Baby steps for me friends.
Right shoulder is still stiff and sore from some injury last year but it felt better after the exercise.
I decided that the leather makes me a great target. Tough, resilient and makes a nice slapping sound with a hit.
Don

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the thoughts and kind words. I've learned that this shooting hobby is unlike any other outdoor hobby I've had in the past. The range is right there in my back yard. There's potential for true hunting usefulness with my slingshots. There's enough particulars about the sport that experimentation opportunities are excellent. Just so much to offer, and I built a nice target setup from scrap in our little shop.
Just a great hobby.
Don

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Whytey those are beautiful. A handsome arrangement!
It appears from your photo that you too load your Old Army's off the gun as both revolvers have the cylinder ram removed. I load off the gun because I can get more leverage using a homemade loading press. The balls shave like butter when I drive them home. Are you folks allowed to have the conversion cylinders making the ROA .45 Colt fixed ammo capable too? Depending on the style of conversion cylinder they can be fun but tedious to use. And you're limited to "Cowboy" light loads with the conversion cylinders. But still less fiddly than loose powder on a lazy day at the range.
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts