Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
A whole tree and you can only find one fork? :question:

I was snowshoeing with the dog today and saw tons of Beech saplings with the leaves still on but saw only a couple mature ones. We don't have many in our area, be interested in how it turns out.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,703 Posts
Very symmetrical, should make a great sling.....but I'm with Jake, you only got one fork from the whole tree ?

I tend to dissect every branch looking for possible forks, and on a Japanese Maple I cut down in my yard recently, I managed approximately 31 forks from that small tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very symmetrical, should make a great sling.....but I'm with Jake, you only got one fork from the whole tree ?
I tend to dissect every branch looking for possible forks, and on a Japanese Maple I cut down in my yard recently, I managed approximately 31 forks from that small tree
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah guess I wasn't really thinking. Good news I'll heading back there next week and I'm sure the brush pile will still be there.

·
Amateur
2,570 Posts
Looks like a winner. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worked on the Beech Natty this morning, it is coming along nicely.

It is not done, but getting close still needs more sanding and some kind of finish. Thinking an oil stain to darken it up a bit.

I couldn't resist throwing some bands on it and shooting it a bit and even managed to get it's first can kill!

And also I was back in the Poconos working with my son and looked though that brush pile again and really didn't see anything I else I liked. I will be in the woods cutting firewood soon and I'm sure I will find some forks that suit me.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts