Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Haven't seen posting. My Father passed away during the holidays . Have had a lot to deal with. But I'm back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry for your loss. It does get easier, but it's slow. Lost my dad three and a half years ago, so if you need someone to talk to, I'm always open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Neophyte
2,095 Posts
Welcome back, this forum helped me a lot when my mom passed back in September. I had lost my dad a while back. It is a weird and difficult thing to go through to loose any one in your life but a parent is especially hard. It does get less raw over time but then there are those times when it will be really tough. My thoughts are with you. I hope there is something that comforts you in your life. Be as well as you can.

·
Mojave Mo
5,155 Posts
Thanks for coming back. I found my Pocket Rocket and this forum not long after my Pops died. In fact I met a few guys that reminded me of my Dad here on the forum. Oddly the hardest thing for me was getting over that I AM my Dad now and see him in the mirror every morning. Wear his life proud, that is what we do.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Sincerest condolences, CJW.
I had been missing your posts. I assumed younwere busy with holiday events.

Like many here this forum and its truly kind and mildly ornery bunch helped me in April when Mom passed...and through the holidays which include her birthday. I had gotten a reminder from the merchant for her perfume. And it landed on me like a landslide. I have not evennshared that with my wife.

That second wave of grief was unexpected. But to hear tell, it is common...and also surprises everyone.

Prayers of comfort and a big salute to a fine hobby/lifestyle that does bring good people and a brief focused relief, slingshots.

Now I mean it when I say email any time.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. But I believe that the heart is not built to grieve forever. We do get over it in time. If you get to feeling down,really down PM me and I'll try to talk you back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.