Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

recieved the first of a series of trade orders this week,and they want 100 a month! on top of the 100 a month i sell on the web this is dificult to keep up with,still the Queen is very pleased with her 25% cut! lol

some times i miss just making the odd one or two!

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's great, glad to see things are going for you

recieved the first of a series of trade orders this week,and they want 100 a month! on top of the 100 a month i sell on the web this is dificult to keep up with,still the Queen is very pleased with her 25% cut! lol

some times i miss just making the odd one or two!

thanks for looking.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is crazy! How much time do you need for one fork till they look like this?
at this stage they are about half finished,so far each one has taken 5 minutes for marking out,cutting,sanding to shape and tapering still to come is the chamfer routing the band channels,1st 2nd and 3rd sanding wire wooling,stain wax then buff,then bands are attached and off they go!

today i am off to the leather whole salers to look at some kangaroo leather for the pouches ime told it is super supple but much stronger than bovine leathers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey Fish, maybe you need to hire a helper.

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
Fish ,be real careful of the Roo leather. It has to be Falconery grade or it will rip on you. To be truthful,I'm not that impressed by it at all. I use good old fashioned Cowhide or Pigskin in 4-5 ounce weight depending on texture. Hope it helps you Bud! Flatband

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
You should get them pre-made to this state and do QC and finish work by hand. Your time is best spent managing your business, assuring the quality of your product and drinking ale.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts