Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To a few of m' friends, thought would get them interested in shootin, NOPE, they just toss it on the shelf and watch the crummy TV set, and let their minds rot, what is left of it,some people are too d--- lazy to shoot even a slingshot, really gripes this ol geezer

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
I have given a few away with the same results. Although I gave a trumark FS1 to one of my friends and he cannot put it down. He has tried all my slingshots but loves the FS1.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I hear you Bugar, I have been making them with youth group kids, I have about a 25% return rate (real interest), but a game of sling shot "golf" with hanging coffee and pop cans in the woods helped spark interest a bit more! Low shot "score" wins.
Does X-Box have a sling shot version of Call of Duty? that might help too, lol

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
We have been gotten so much here in the USA like scooling, high standard of living and so on, it is always good to repay a little by giving back. -- Tex-Shooter

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
He's not advertising free slingshots, he's complaining that slingshots he has given were not used.

When I made a lot of knives, lots of people would ask me for knives. They'd be good friends and family and hard to refuse, but the knives would be played with for a day and shoved into a drawer to rust.

My solution was to say sure, but you will have to be with me when I make it. It will take about 20 hours in two to three sessions. They'd almost always say 'forget it', but those few that went through with it understood what went into it and treasured and used their knives.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Hey Bugar that's why I don't give them away hardly at all anymore. I have sent a few here and there to people on the forums who were in a bind wanting to get away from storebought ones and wanting to make their own but didn't really have anything on-hand to work with as a model. So I have shared a little here and there but those people were worthy.

In the past I have spent many hours making them for the same sort Bugar and Dan and everyone else knows. I've got one I spent a good amount of time making for my youngest stepson in my drawer right now. It was a pretty good one and was fitted with a set of Flatband's fine latex sets. He left it laying around and our dog ate it pretty well. So I've got it in my drawer now and occasionally pull it out and think about fixing it back up and giving it back, though I am leaning strongly towards either reworking it for myself or sending it to someone who will appreciate it; he can hang on to his tv and whatever else he needs to. No hard feelings but I learned a lot there and know exactly what all the other makers on here are talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
What we all need is a way of reproducing slingshots simply and cheaply so that it becomes a 10 minute job commensurate with the level of committment of the recipient. Maybe that solution lies in resin casting. The process I currently use leaves flash and a minute cope/drag mismatch and takes longer to finish up than doing a board cut from scratch. I remember once doing a cast in a vuncanised latex sheath; the bear from the Muppets. That was a one piece drop mould and so there was no parting line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.