Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is coming on beautifully
Thanks man. I banded it up to test shoot it part of me wants to call it now and start a different one and part of me wants to keep fiddling I'm torn.

Reactions: AKA Forgotten

· Premium Member
1,741 Posts
Thanks man. I banded it up to test shoot it part of me wants to call it now and start a different one and part of me wants to keep fiddling I'm torn.
That stage in any project when it's a difficult choice. I would suggest start the next one and come back to this on occasions when you have a fixed idea for any changes.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That stage in any project when it's a difficult choice. I would suggest start the next one and come back to this on occasions when you have a fixed idea for any changes.
A very solid plan and probably what ill need to do. I don't want to over do it and wind up ruining it.

Reactions: AKA Forgotten

· Registered
672 Posts

· SLING-N-SHOT
6,021 Posts
Nay lighter is better don't want to hide those grains.
Amen, totally agree with @dogcatchersito, you want the grain to pop on wood slings, that's the beauty of them. If you don't want a

dark stained piece, or stained at all, and just want to bring the natural grain out, try using BLO ( Boiled Linseed Oil ) followed by a coat of Johnson's Paste Wax, or

Watco Danish Oil............turns out really nice.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.