Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a shot pouch that provides for quick easy access and doesn't spill its contents when I bend or crouch.

I got tired of shooting from a tub or finding BBs in my pockets when they were washed. I needed a shot pouch and decided on some design criteria:

• Sturdy construction
  • Easy and quick access
  • My hand has to reach every corner of the pouch
  • There has to be enough room to delve around and feel for different types of ammo
  • It must not spill when open, should I bend down or move around
  • It should be belt mounted, but be removable without taking the belt off
  • The design should reflect my own personal style
  • And most importantly, it has to be completed start-to-finish before I finish watching Rhona Mitra in Doomsday
The design started with the list and a basic concept of the size and shape, then I just went at it with leather, needle and thread. I did the pucker first, then refined the outline of the front, traced it onto the back, added the loops, etc. and assembled it.

It's a simple flap pouch with a toggle. Rather than using a wooden toggle, I decided on two BBs on a bar-bell - it is a BB pouch after all!

I puckered the bottom of the pouch for volume and to assist reaching around inside. The lip is curved for increased access.

I can easily find the ball I want. This is normally hard when you have a selection of large and small shot.

The loop passes up under the belt and over the pouch. It swings so then even wide open it holds the ammo in no matter what position my body is in.

As always, I'm not holding this out as an ideal design; I'd probably do it differently any other day of the week. It does show my design process though, and presents an idea someone may find useful.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to mention was that by using soft leather rather than vegetable tanned leather, I can feel what kind of ammo and what types remain even with the flap closed.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Good idea. I need to make something like this but will prolly use some kind of cloth (denim maybe).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts