Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Benjamin Summit air rifle, .22 cal. I upgraded the scope and I am pretty pleased with the way she shoots. A friend who shoots a GAMO rifle has been encouraging me to replace the trigger, claiming it will make a big difference. In checking around the internet I have found a variety of approaches, installing an after market trigger mechanism, polishing the existing trigger, installing a small roller bearing, etc. I have found some after market triggers that fit other model Benjamins but it's not clear if they will fit the Summit model or not. I am new to this airgun thing and any information or advise would be appreciated.

GP

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I recently purchased a Benjamin Summit air rifle, .22 cal. I upgraded the scope and I am pretty pleased with the way she shoots. A friend who shoots a GAMO rifle has been encouraging me to replace the trigger, claiming it will make a big difference. In checking around the internet I have found a variety of approaches, installing an after market trigger mechanism, polishing the existing trigger, installing a small roller bearing, etc. I have found some after market triggers that fit other model Benjamins but it's not clear if they will fit the Summit model or not. I am new to this airgun thing and any information or advise would be appreciated.
GP
I can tell you that airguns can be ammo sensitive first thing I would do is ask around to see what pellet works best with your gun getting the right pellet can help accuracy more then just about anything else .

·
Grandpa Pete
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GP
I can tell you that airguns can be ammo sensitive first thing I would do is ask around to see what pellet works best with your gun getting the right pellet can help accuracy more then just about anything else .
Thanks, I will try a different type. Just hate to buy a whole tin of 500 pellets to try them out. Any specific recommendations?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Summit (and NP2 in general) uses a different trigger group than the rest of Crosman/Benjamin offerings so the GRTIII and GTXwhatever won't work. I can't remember what I did to mine, may have just backed out the adjustment screw most of the way after polishing the contact points of the sears. That will make your first stage longer but the trigger group is an actual two stage, not a simulated two stage like the trigger on their other guns which is why there are replacements for those. So that long first stage will back up to a firm stop that should break like glass if you adjust it right.

Also, if you're shooting Gamo pellets just stop. I get the best accuracy out of all my Crosman/Benjamin break barrels with either Crosman Ultra Mags or most HN pellets. I don't have the picture on my phone but my Summit literally stacks them at 50 yards if I'm having a good day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts